Come chat with us in IRC!

Come in and shoot the shit at #ReviveDC on irc.freenode.net!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Fire Pro Wrestling D English Translation Update




That's right, finally ironed out the last few kinks today.

We're not quite at release 150, though. This is also fine because I'm not sure if irvgotti452 has finished the artwork yet. We can excuse him for that though, because the man works some hellish hours and put a whole lot of time into translating the game in the first place.

He's not the only one to thank though, as we had to call in the heavy artillery to get the game's audio working. Thanks on that one go to YZB. YZB isn't terribly well known among English-speaking Dreamcast fans, but the man is a certifiable beast when it comes to Dreamcast hacking.

I did a little work myself of course, cutting the game's CDDA so it would fit onto an 80 minute disc, troubleshooting some web browser issues, and building the final image. We used a GDI of course, so there won't be any unpack/inject of MP3s, just nice pure CDDA (and a few more minutes of music than Echelon had).

There'll be more details on the process in the NFO when the game is released. In the meantime, leading up to 150, you can look forward to Quake III Arena and Vigilante 8 2nd Offense. Depending on how things go, I'd say that you'll likely see the game released in about 3 weeks.

5 comments:

  1. I have just recently got into the dreamcast again after a year or so away from video games and was looking to get a copy of FPD when I stumbled across this news.

    AMAZING. thank you so much for your effort in making this. Seriously this is the best gaming news I have ever heard.

    Can't wait to try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very much looking forward to this! I'll be crossing my fingers for a translation of the Giant Gram series as well as Toukon Retsuden 4!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are gods among men... Thank you, thank you, thank you for this. I bought this the day it came out in Japan, and struggled for weeks with the translation. I actually had it printed out on paper and had to constantly go back and forth.

    ReplyDelete