Come chat with us in IRC!

Come in and shoot the shit at #ReviveDC on irc.freenode.net!

Monday, December 19, 2011

3 Count Bout (NEO4ALL) Review

Original release:
1993 (Fire Suplex in Japan)

Game details:
Standard controller
1-2 players
VGA box

The following game was not officially released for Sega Dreamcast. It is emulated using NEO4ALL RC4 developed by chui. This is an evaluation of the emulation of the game as well as the game itself.

Using Team RDC's release you can play this game as though it is a commercial game with only a brief loading screen.


Emulation
Nothing to mention here really. It plays great and I didn't experience any slowdown at all. Although, it did feel like the controls were delayed, I'll get to that later.

Gameplay
I must say that while playing this game, my soul threw up. It was like I didn't want to be a gamer anymore. There's nothing good about the game. Or as they say ”the only good thing about it is that you can turn it off”. And that is very adequate here. I would never let my Dreamcast go through such pain by spinning a disc with that awful game on it. My Dreamcast probably feels raped.

Games are supposed to be fun. They should entertain you. Make you feel happy. But this is not the case here. You get angry and a bit sad. The controls are non-responsive and very sluggish. If this is a bug with the emulator or just the way they coded it, I don't know. It doesn't really matter because the game is the crap that craps crap. Yes, it's that bad. It's like the developers said: ”Let's make a fighting that's even worse than Ghost Pilots and Virtua Athlete 2000 combined.” I don't know what they were thinking. It's a disgrace.

Graphics
You see sprites alright. And some colors. Other than that? Not much to say. The audience clap their hands, which is nice. The characters are dull and the graphics overall are dull. Even Super Pitfall for the NES pleases the eye more than this God-forsaken piece of shit. I don't want to see this game more in my life, period.

Sound
The menu music makes me want to be deaf (no offense to deaf readers out there). It makes a ringing noise in my ears. They threw up too. God.

Conclusion
I can't tell you a reason to play this. Nostalgic reasons? I don't know. When there are thousands of other fighting games to choose from, even from the RDC releases, why play a game like this? It will torture your soul.

0.4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment